These Terms and Conditions (these “Terms & Conditions”) set forth the legally binding terms and conditions for your purchase of, and registration for the educational courses (“Experiences”) across any destination that we conduct them in (the “Destination”), for which certain services are provided by The Happy Llamas (“THL”) – a unit of Llamas Travel International Private Limited. By purchasing and registering for the Experience, (i) you, as the purchaser (“you” or the “Purchaser”), are acknowledging, agreeing to and accepting all of these Terms & Conditions and (ii) you are entering into a binding and enforceable legal agreement with THL. You hereby represent and warrant that you are authorised to enter into these Terms & Conditions. Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully, since by registering for the Experience with THL, you are signifying your acknowledgment, agreement, and assent to these Terms & Conditions.
1. RESERVING YOUR SPOT: You can register interest for the Experience by applying through our website, or sending a direct email to THL with your details. THL will then send you details including the payment options, and only once the payment (either down payment or full payment) is done, will a spot be reserved for you.
2. THL NORMAL HOURS OF OPERATION (excluding national holidays in India): Monday-Saturday (9:30 a.m. – 8.30 p.m. IST).
3. PAYMENTS/DEPOSIT: Payment as per either of the 2 payment plans is necessary for reserving a spot. Full payment to THL for the Experience (the “Course Fee”) should be completed before the trip initiation.
The Course Fee must be submitted in full. However, under certain circumstances and at THL’s sole discretion, a payment plan may be agreed between you and THL in which the Course Fee is to be paid in three separate payments (a “Down Payment”, a “Second Payment”, and a “Final Payment”). The individual amount and dates on which these three separate payments have to paid, would be provided beforehand as per the dates for every Experience. An invoice will be provided by THL for every payment made by you.
The terms and conditions set forth in the Payment Policy incorporated herein and you acknowledge and agree to such terms and conditions with respect to the Experience.
If your payments are not received by their appropriate deadlines as set beforehand, THL reserves the right to deem such inaction as a cancellation of your reservation in the Experience.
4. COURSE FEE INCLUDES: The Course Fee includes flights from and to the city of origin as specified in the Experience (if the city is not specified on our website, it is Bengaluru, India by default), transportation between cities visited during the Experience, local transportation within the cities visited (availed through subways/metros/cabs/buses or other means of local transport), airport transfers (availed through subways/metros/buses), accommodation on a shared basis (twin/triple) on all nights of the Experience, breakfasts and dinners on all days of the Experience, except free days as specified beforehand (dinner may not necessarily be arranged at the hotel of stay, and the budget would be INR 350 or equivalent per meal), visas for Indian nationals wherever applicable (for non Indian passport holders, THL will process their visa requirements, and there may be a difference in the cost which will have to be borne by the purchaser), entry fees wherever applicable as per the itinerary of the Experience, guidance from a tour leader on all days of the Experience, and learning modules needed for the learning during the Experience.
5. COURSE FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE: The Course Fee does not include, among other items, (i) government fees, travel taxes and certain other taxes, which fees and taxes must be paid directly to the local authorities in the Destination, as applicable, (ii) incidentals, (iii) passport fees, (iv) items of a personal nature, (v) airfare travel charges not part of the itinerary, (vi) transcript and/or mail fees, (vii) exit taxes out of the country, (viii) travel and medical insurance, (ix) locker fees or any other miscellaneous expenses, and (x) anything not mentioned as included in point 4 above.
All charges and fees that are required to be pre-paid to THL in addition to the Course Fee, will display as separate line items on the invoice provided to you by THL.
6. CHANGES TO COURSE FEE & DATES:
– THL’s website lists the Course Fee and inclusions for the Experience, which are subject to change. If the Course Fee is changed, you (the Purchaser) may cancel your reservation in the Experience without penalty if THL receives notice in writing of your intent to cancel within seven (7) days of such change to the Course Fee. All non-refundable charges, including credit card handling fees and educational materials, are exempt from this policy.
– THL’s website mentions the dates for the Experience, which are subject to change. If the Experience start date is changed by more than ten (10) days, you (the Purchaser) may cancel your reservation in the Experience without penalty if THL receives notice in writing of your intent to cancel within seven (7) days of such change to the Course Fee. All non-refundable charges, including credit card handling fees and educational materials, are exempt from this policy. For any cancellation requests due to a date change of less than ten (10) days, normal cancellation policy will apply. Please review the terms and conditions set forth in the Payment Policy, which is incorporated herein.
7. TRAVEL DOCUMENTS: It is your responsibility to check the accuracy of your travel documents. You are responsible to ensure that your first and last name provided to THL on your application and at the time of registration are exactly as they appear on your valid passport and all information submitted is correct and true. THL is not liable for any travel related errors or additional costs associated. If you do not submit your travel documents, student roster, waivers, and/or flight information on your student portal by the given deadlines, it is no longer guaranteed that you can receive academic credit or credentials to access parts of the Experience.
8. PASSPORT/VISAS: Valid government-issued photo identification is required at time of check-in for all flights. A valid passport is required for travel outside the India. Many countries require that a visitor’s passport be valid for up to six months beyond the date of return from the respective country. You are responsible for contacting the consulate of the Destination, as applicable, for requirements and necessary documentation (such as visas) for entry into such country. For the latest information on travel requirements, log on to the consulate website of the Destination. If you are not an Indian citizen, you may have different entry requirements than Indian citizens and it is your responsibility to be informed and ensure that all your travel documents are compliant with the laws and regulations in the applicable country/countries prior to attending the Experience. Failure to get a visa on time for the trip due to the late submission of visa documents (later than the date specified in mails) required for the application on the purchaser’s part, which results in their inability to participate in the Experience will result in no refunds for the purchaser.
9. Certain Experiences may provide students with exposure to governmental or restricted access places. Students may be required to obtain clearances or sign confidentiality or other agreements as a condition to entry to such places and, therefore, student compliance with any such requirements is a condition to participation in the applicable Experience. THL will assist with making these requirements available to the student. However, compliance is the student’s responsibility, and if the student does not complete and satisfy all such third party requirements, then the student may not attend the Experience.
10. SPECIAL REQUESTS: THL will make commercially reasonable efforts to accommodate special requests and dietary needs. However, THL will not be held responsible for the failure of carriers, hotels, or other suppliers or third party service providers to accommodate such requests.
11. TRAVELLERS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE: Any disability requiring special attention must be reported to THL at the time you make your reservation. THL will make commercially reasonable efforts to accommodate any special needs due to a disability you may have; however, THL is not responsible for the denial of services by carriers, hotels, or other suppliers or third party service providers. THL is not responsible for providing individual assistance for walking, dining, embarking/disembarking transportation, and/or for other personal needs, and you acknowledge and agree that a qualified companion must accompany you if you require such assistance and such companion will be subject to separate and full course fees for the Experience.
12. GRATUITIES: All gratuities are included in the Course Fee. Additional gratuities can be given at the discretion of the individual traveler (Tips for free walking tours are not included).
13. CANCELLATION PENALTIES AND REFUNDS: Cancellation penalties will be strictly enforced. If you must cancel your reservation, the effective date of the cancellation will be the first weekday your cancellation notice is received by THL via overnight courier, mail, or e-mail. Please review the terms and conditions set forth in the Payment Policy, which is incorporated herein.
14. ITINERARY VARIATIONS: THL will make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that the Experience operates as advertised. However, circumstances may arise that require changes or exceptions in certain aspects of the itinerary due to, among other things, adverse weather conditions, changes by vendors or other third party service providers, or other unforeseen circumstances. Under any such circumstances, THL reserves the right to make such modifications and substitute conveyances, hotels, excursions and educational visits as THL may deem necessary in its sole discretion. THL is not liable for any itinerary changes you may have to make due to changes/cancellations of our Experience itinerary. Under any such circumstances, THL reserves the right to make such modifications and substitute tour leaders and panelists as THL may deem necessary in its sole discretion, and depending on the availability of the same. THL shall not be liable for the safety or accountability of participants (purchasers) staying back on their own at the destination after the trip is over. THL, at its sole discretion, shall try to accommodate the participants (purchasers) on alternate flights, and the fare difference, if any, will be informed to the participants (purchasers) beforehand and will have to be borne by the participants (purchasers).
15. EXPERIENCE CANCELLATIONS: THL reserves the right to cancel, in whole or in part, the Experience for any reason and at any time as THL may deem necessary in its sole discretion. In such event, any liability by THL shall be limited to (i) in the case of cancellation of the whole Experience, the amount of any payments made by you to THL up to the full amount of the Course Fee, and (ii) in the case of the cancellation of only a proportion of the Experience, an amount (determined by THL in its sole and reasonable discretion) of the cost of such relative portion(s) of the Experience cancelled.
16. PHOTOGRAPHY RELEASE: You agree that THL will own the copyright (or license, with respect to certain third party media productions) in and to any videos, content, films and/or still photographs in which you may be depicted or recordings of your voice, alone or with others, including, without limitation, any made or created by you during the Experience, in connection with the Experience or the website, marketing or business of THL, which THL may reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, adapt, publicly perform, publicly display and otherwise use worldwide, in any form or format now known or yet to be developed, including, without limitation, on television and Internet web sites or social media networks, in press kits, or for publicity, promotion or advertising.
17. PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES: Any criminal activity, use of drugs and other prohibited items of use as per the country of visit will result in disqualification from the course immediately, and the participant/purchaser may also face legal and police action from the local authorities. This will also cancel the participant/purchaser’s reservation on the Experience with immediate effect. Failure to adhere to policies of the places on the itinerary may result in disciplinary action, which may end up in any or all of the below:
(i) a fine as specified by the place of visit;
(ii) a fine of upto INR 25,000 by THL;
(iii) cancellation of the participant/purchaser’s reservation on the Experience with immediate effect;
While you may make limited copies of your travel itinerary (and related travel documents) for travel or services reserved through the THL website, you agree not to otherwise modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, sell or resell any information, software, products, or services obtained from or through the THL website. Additionally, you agree not to:
(i) use the THL website or its contents for any commercial purpose;
(ii) make any speculative, false, or fraudulent reservation or any reservation in anticipation of demand with THL;
(iii) access, monitor or copy any content or information of the THL website using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without THL’s express written permission;
(iv) violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on the THL website or bypass or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to the THL website;
(v) take any action that imposes, or may impose, as determined by THL in its sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on THL’s infrastructure;
(vi) deep-link to any portion of the THL website (including, without limitation, the purchase path for any travel services) for any purpose without THL’s express written permission; or
(vii) “frame”, “mirror” or otherwise incorporate any part of the THL website into any other website without THL’s prior written authorisation.
18. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT SHALL THL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH, YOUR ACCESS TO, DISPLAY OF OR USE OF THE THL WEBSITE OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO ACCESS, DISPLAY OR USE THE THL WEBSITE (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, YOUR RELIANCE UPON OPINIONS APPEARING ON THE THL WEBSITE; ANY COMPUTER VIRUSES, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, LINKED SITES, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE THL WEBSITE; OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE ACCESS TO, DISPLAY OF OR USE OF THE THL WEBSITE) WHETHER BASED ON A THEORY OF NEGLIGENCE, CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, AND EVEN IF THL HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
If, despite the limitation above, THL is found liable for any loss or damage which arises out of or in any way connected with any of the events or circumstances described above, then the liability of THL will in no event exceed, in the aggregate, the greater of (a) the service fees you paid to THL in connection with such transaction(s) on the THL website, or (b) Five Thousand Rupees (INR 5,000) (or the equivalent in local currency).
The limitation of liability set forth above reflects the allocation of risk between you and THL. The limitations specified in this Section 17 will survive the termination of these Terms & Conditions and apply even if any limited remedy specified in these Terms & Conditions is found to have failed of its essential purpose. The limitations of liability provided herein shall inure to the benefit of THL and its suppliers and third-party Experience operators.
19. INDEMNIFICATION: You agree to fully indemnify and hold harmless THL and its affiliates, strategic partners (of written or verbal alliance), members, heirs, successors and assigns (each an “Indemnified Party” and collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against all actions or claims for mental and bodily injury, death, property and other damages, losses, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs of suit, which shall include all penalties, expenses, fees, costs, amounts paid in settlement, expert witness fees and disbursements in connection with investigating, defending or settling any such action or claim or threatened action or claim) which may be incurred, or reasonably required to be paid, by any Indemnified Party, brought by third parties as a result of:
a. your breach of these Terms & Conditions or any document referenced herein;
b. your violation of any law or the rights of a third party; or
c. your use of THL’s website.
20. RESPONSIBILITY: THL acts only as a sales agent for hotels, car rental companies, transfer companies, sightseeing companies and other service providers named on your ticket, other travel documents and/or your itinerary (the “Suppliers”). THL is not responsible for acts or omissions of the Suppliers or their failure to provide services or adhere to their own schedules. THL assumes no responsibility for, and shall not be liable for, any refund, personal injury, property damage (including damaged baggage), or other loss (including lost baggage), accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity which may be caused by: (1) any defaults, wrongful or negligent acts, or omissions of the Suppliers; (2) any defect in or failure of any vehicle, craft, equipment or instrumentality owned, operated, or otherwise used or provided by the Suppliers; (3) any force majeure, including but not limited to, acts of God, war or terrorism; or (4) any wrongful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of any other party not under THL’s control; (4) any activities the purchaser takes part in, outside of the set itinerary for the Experience.
THL has no special knowledge regarding the financial condition of the Suppliers, unsafe conditions, health hazards, weather hazards, or climate extremes at locations to which you may travel. You assume full and complete responsibility for checking and verifying any and all passport, visa, vaccination or other entry requirements of your destination(s), and all conditions regarding health, safety, security, political stability, and labor or civil unrest at such destination(s). You hereby release THL from all claims arising out of anything covered by this paragraph, including claims for Experience refund for non issue of visa. Visa is issued by the destination country’s immigration, and visa denial/non-issual is not in the hands of THL. THL may try to refund the amount at their discretion, keeping in mind the non-refundable aspects of the Experience.
The purchaser agrees to have never been investigated, charged or convicted of any criminal or illegal activity in any country. Failure to disclose this will result in forfeiture of the purchaser’s participation in any Experience they have paid for, without any refund.
21. GENERAL: THL’s website is operated by an Indian entity and these Terms & Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Karnataka, India. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India, in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of THL’s website. Use of THL’s website is unauthorised in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these Terms & Conditions, including, without limitation, this paragraph.
22. Our digital courses are non refundable, and once payment is made, it confirms your registration for the particular course. Any abuse or harassment of any kind will have zero tolerance and will result in the purchaser being removed from the course immediately. The shared Google Drive and Whatsapp group access will be given for a week after the last session of the course. Any content shared with the Company as part of the exercises or otherwise can be used by the Company for later use. This also includes everything listed under point 16 of the Terms and Conditions as above.
You agree that no joint venture, partnership, or employment relationship exists between you and THL as a result of these Terms & Conditions or use of THL’s website.
Our performance of these Terms & Conditions is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in these Terms & Conditions limits our right to comply with law enforcement or other governmental or legal requests or requirements relating to your use of THL’s website or information provided to or gathered by THL with respect to such use. To the extent allowed by applicable law, you agree that you will bring any claim or cause of action arising from or relating to your access or use of THL’s website within one (1) year from the date on which such claim or action arose or accrued or such claim or cause of action will be irrevocably waived.
If any part of these Terms & Conditions is found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions will not in any way be affected or impaired.
These Terms & Conditions (and any other terms and conditions referenced herein), together with such other documents signed by you in relation to the Experience, constitute the entire agreement between you and THL with respect to THL’s website and the subject matter therein and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written, between you and THL with respect to THL’s website and the subject matter herein. A printed version of these Terms & Conditions and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms & Conditions to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
THL collects limited amounts of personal information. This information is necessary to properly respond to user requests and interactions, and process e-commerce transactions.
THL respects your privacy and keeps personal information confidential. The only circumstance under which THL would share such information is with a partner organisation in order to carry out the business of THL. We do not sell or rent personal information.
By using THL’s website or any of THL’s affiliated extranets, or submitting content for either, you (as the user) agree to abide by the following terms and conditions. Unless otherwise specified, requirements apply to both thehappyllamas.com as well as THL extranets. If you visit or purchase at thehappyllamas.com, you accept these terms and conditions.
Copyrights for materials posted on thehappyllamas.com reside with THL or, when credited, other contributors. For permission to use any of this material, please contact THL at email@example.com.
Using Posted Materials
THL provides materials to help students, educators and community-based organisations take part in high-quality education as well as community service. You (as a user) are granted permission to download, print and use documents from thehappyllamas.com or THL’s affiliated extranet for your own personal and professional purposes so long as you do not (i) make any charge for copies of such documents provided to or used by third parties, (ii) include such documents on another website, (iii) make or distribute more than 10 copies of any such document, (iv) include such documents in any other publication whether in print, electronic or other form, or (v) otherwise republish any such document.
Printouts and other copies of any documents from thehappyllamas.com, including web pages, must be made and used in their entirety and not altered in any way. Materials may not be reposted, reprinted, redistributed, or used as part of any profit-making venture without express written permission from THL.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding such permission, please contact THL at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THL extranets are intended solely for specific users who have been approved by THL. Any registration by, use of or access to any THL extranet by anyone not authorised for use by THL is unauthorised and in violation of these Terms & Conditions. By using a THL extranet, you represent and warrant that you have complied with all of these Terms & Conditions and have been approved for site use by THL.
Code of Conduct
You agree not to use THL’s website to:
Third Party Websites and Content
THL’s website contains (or you may be sent through THL’s website) links to other websites (“Third Party Sites”) as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (the “Third Party Applications, Software or Content”). Such Third Party Sites and Third Party Applications, Software or Content are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness or completeness by THL, and THL is not responsible for any Third Party Sites accessed through THL’s website or any Third Party Applications, Software or Content posted on, available through or installed from THL’s website, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices or other policies of or contained in the Third Party Sites or the Third Party Applications, Software or Content. Inclusion of, linking to or permitting the use or installation of any Third Party Site or any Third Party Applications, Software or Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by THL. If you decide to leave THL’s website and access the Third Party Sites or to use or install any Third Party Applications, Software or Content, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that these Terms & Conditions and THL’s other terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate from THL’s website or relating to any applications you use or install from THL’s website.
THL’s website may be temporarily unavailable from time to time for maintenance or other reasons. THL assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, user communications. THL is not responsible for any technical malfunction, failure or other problems of any telephone network or service, computer systems, servers or providers, computer or mobile phone equipment, software, email or players, or on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at THL’s website or any other web site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to any user’s or other person’s computer, mobile phone, or other hardware or software, relating to or resulting from using or downloading materials in connection with the Internet and/or in connection with THL’s website.
Children Under Age 18
THL does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under the age of 18, please do not send any information about yourself to THL, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under the age of 18 may provide any personal information to or on THL’s website. In the event that THL learns that it has collected personal information from a child under the age of 18 without verification of parental or school consent, THL will delete such information as quickly as possible. If you believe that THL might have any information from or about a child under the age of 18, please contact THL at email@example.com.
By visiting or using the THL website, you agree that the laws of the State of Karnataka without regard to principles of conflict of laws will govern these Terms & Conditions and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and THL or any of THL’s affiliates. With respect to any disputes or claims you agree not to commence or file any action in connection therewith other than in the state and federal courts of Karnataka, and you hereby consent to, and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens with respect to, venue and jurisdiction in the state and federal courts of Karnataka.
Unless otherwise specified, the terms “includes”, “including”, “e.g.,”, “for example”, and other similar terms are deemed to include the term “without limitation” immediately thereafter. Terms used in these Terms & Conditions with the initial letter(s) capitalized will have the meaning attributed to them in these Terms & Conditions.
By submitting payment to The Happy Llamas (“THL”), a unit of Llamas Travel International, you, as the purchaser, pay for the educational services and opportunities, cultural experiences, adventure excursions and transportation while at the Destination (depending on your Experience) during the full term of the multi-day education course (your “ Experience”). In addition, the payment covers hotel night stays for the duration of the Experience.
You are responsible for purchasing travel and medical insurance, documentation, and optional international mobile services, and travel tax expenses, all of which are not covered by your payment to THL. While these items are recommended, they cannot be purchased through THL. However, they can be purchased through third-party providers.
Travel Health Insurance
Travel health insurance is recommended for all our Experiences. We recommend that, at a minimum, you are covered for medical expenses including emergency repatriation throughout your travels. We strongly recommend that the policy also covers personal liability, cancellation, curtailment and loss of luggage and personal effects. When traveling on a trip, you may not be permitted to join the group until evidence of medical insurance and the insurance company’s 24-hour emergency contact number has been seen by our team. If you have credit card insurance, THL may require details of the participating insurer/underwriter, the level of coverage, policy number and emergency contact number rather than the bank’s name and credit card details. Please contact your bank for these details prior to arriving in-country.
– The “Down Payment” is due on the day of down payment (the “Down Payment Date”). This amount is non-refundable and allows THL to book your reservations and begin the registration for your Experience.
– The “Second Payment” is due on the date (the “Second Payment Deadline”) which is specified beforehand to you.
*Note: If your Second Payment is not received by the Second Payment Deadline, you will be given a grace period of seven (7) days, during which time you will still be allowed to submit the Second Payment. If we do not receive your Second Payment by the Second Payment Deadline or within the seven (7) day grace period, you will forfeit your reservation in the Experience, which will be given to another student on THL’s waiting list. Failure to submit the Second Payment by the Second Payment Deadline or within the seven (7) day grace period constitutes a forfeiture of your reservation in the Experience as well as the full amount of the Initial Deposit. Also, you will need to reapply to attend another Experience organised by THL in the future.
– The “Final Payment” is due on the date (the “Final Payment Deadline”) which is specified beforehand to you.
*Note: If your Final Payment is not received by the Final Payment Deadline, you will forfeit the following:
(i) your reservation on the Experience;
(ii) the full amount of your Down Payment; and
(iii) half (1/2) of your Second Payment.
Need to Change Your Experience?
Our team is flexible and allows students to change into an Experience that best fits their needs. If a student cannot attend the Experience he/she is already committed to, the student must notify THL via email. After notifying THL that you cannot attend your Experience, you have thirty (30) days to decide whether or not you would like an Experience change or would like to cancel your reservation and receive the corresponding refund given our cancellation policy. Here are our guidelines in the case a student wants to change the Experience they will attend:
Funds that are already submitted during the time of Experience change may not be refunded. All funds will be kept on credit and can be transferred to another Experience of your choice organised by THL, as long as it takes place during the same season as your original Experience or during the immediately succeeding season. Example: If you have to cancel your Experience that is scheduled for the summer season, your credit can be applied towards another Experience organised by THL scheduled during that same summer season or during the following winter season.
> 60 Days Before Original Experience: There will a processing fee of INR 7,500 if a student notifies THL via email sixty (60) or more days before the start of the original Experience they were accepted into. In the event where a student is accepted into an Experience less than sixty days before the Experience begins, the student has 24 hours from acceptance to notify THL that they cannot attend that Experience via email, and their Experience change will be processed with a processing fee of INR 7,500. If a student has any payments overdue at the time of notice, THL requires submission of overdue payments to officially change the student’s Experience.
< 60 Days Before Original Experience: The student will need to pay an additional INR 10,000 fee to change their Experience if the student notifies THL via email less than sixty (60) days before the start of their original Experience date. The student will have one (1) week from the date they notify THL to make the change fee payment, otherwise, the student will be considered a cancellation. If you do not change to another Experience and fail to pay the Experience change fee within one (1) week from notifying THL of your Experience change, you will forfeit your Down Payment, your Second Payment, and your reservation on the Experience.
In the event where a student changes Experiences, the student is responsible for the current market price reflected for the new Experience at the time of the Experience change and must pay the difference or the student will forfeit his/her spot.
In the event where the above are not followed, the student will forfeit their reservation and THL will consider this a cancellation.
Need to Cancel?
Once you have secured a reservation on the Experience, THL starts incurring costs of reservations, accommodations, hotel fees, curator travel and more. But we understand that you have a busy schedule and sometimes emergencies do arise. The following describes cancellation timelines and refunds. If a student can no longer attend the Experience he/she is already committed to, the student must notify THL via email. After notifying THL that you cannot attend your Experience, you have seven (7) days to decide whether or not you would like an Experience change or would like to cancel your reservation and receive the corresponding refund given our cancellation policy. In all the cases below, students who cancel will forfeit their reservation on the Experience.
> 90 Days Before Experience: In the event of a cancellation more than 90 days prior to the first day of the Experience, the entire amount will be refunded. You will also forfeit your reservation on the Experience.
60-89 Days Before Experience: In the event of a cancellation between 60-89 days prior to the first day of the Experience, the Second and Final Payment (if you already submitted them) will be refunded. However, the Down Payment (or the equivalent amount in case of One Time Payment), and any processing fees will not be refunded. You will also forfeit your reservation on the Experience.
46-59 Days Before Experience: In the event of a cancellation between 46-59 days prior to the first day of the Experience, the Final Payment (if you already submitted it) or the equal amount (in case of One Time Payment) will be refunded. However, the Down Payment, Second Payment, and any processing fees will not be refunded. You will also forfeit your reservation on the Experience.
0-45 Days Before, or During Experience: In the event of a cancellation between 0-45 days prior to Experience, or if passed the Experience start date, there will be no refund. You will also forfeit your reservation on the Experience.
Your reservation on the Experience cannot be transferable to another party.
Note: If you have already switched Experiences and are now considering cancellation, THL will review your refund on a case-by-case scenario and these refund terms may no longer apply.
Additional Notes on Experience Changes and Cancellations
1. A refund cannot be issued after the commencement of your Experience and entering the Destination on the date the Experience commences.
2. In the unlikely event that all Experiences within a season do not fill up to the minimum capacity (of 5 participants), THL reserves the right to consolidate two or more Experiences in order to provide a more fulfilling experience for all participants. In such event, you will be asked to choose one of the consolidated dates for your Experience. While THL promises an Experience batch size of upto 20 participants, it is in no way liable to refund outside of the cancellation policy as stated above, as long as the minimum capacity (of 5 participants) is fulfilled. If you choose to cancel because of your Experience not having 20 participants, the cancellation policy as above will apply.
3. Student must adhere to all cancellation policies here unless otherwise stated in the specific Experience pages on our website www.thehappyllamas.com. Note: Some may have different payment deadlines and timelines for refunds.
4. THL will take up to 30 days (from the date of cancellation) to issue any pending refunds to the purchaser.
All programs, activities, excursions, and itineraries provided during the Experience are subject to change at the discretion of the in-country Experience operators or of THL with no refund option for you as a purchaser.
Participation is subject to THL’s Experience participation policies and requirements.
Participation is subject to Experience availability as determined by THL.
Free participation compensation terms are subject to change and administration by THL.
Terms and conditions subject to change without notice.